Dual Filtration ZeoPlus provides excellent mechanical filtration of suspended particles. In addition to trapping the larger particulates between the grains of the ZeoPlus (similar to the filtration mechanism of sand), ZeoPlus is also capable of filtering the smaller particulates by catching them within its micro porous structure and surface irregularities. It is this dual filtration action that helps ZeoPlus achieves superior water clarity.
Ammonia Removal Ammonia is released in the water by bathers and when the ammonium ions mix with chlorine, chloramines are formed producing a "chlorine" odour as well as causing skin and eye irritations.
ZeoPlus will inhibit the formation of chloramines leading to:
- Reduced Chlorine demand
- Reduced skin eye irritations
- Reduced "Chlorine" odour
Regeneration of ZeoPlus ZeoPlus should be regenerated once it is saturated i.e. full of ammonium. On an average pool this takes around 12 months, although heavily used spas and hydrotherapy pools may require regeneration sooner. ZeoPlus should be regenerated once ammonium level starts to increase. As a rule of thumb, regenerate ZeoPlus when the ammonium concentration of the outlet water is greater than 1 ppm.
Please note: If ZeoPlus is not regenerated, it may lose its ability to adsorb ammonium. However, it will still perform effectively as a mechanical filter with a life span of up to ten years (depending on the frequency of backwash).
- 1. Backwash the filter as usual until the backwash wastewater is clear of particulates.
- 2. Isolate the filter.
- 3. Drain completely the water in the filter by opening the bottom drain plug and replace drain plug once finished.
- 4. Make up 200g/L of brine solution. Refer to example below to determine the required amounts of salt and water.
- 5. Pour the well dissolved brine solution into the filter until it completely covers the bed by about 40mm.
- 6. Mix solution into the media by agitating vigorously. Replace lid or MPV.
- 7. Leave it to soak overnight (for a minimum period of 12 hours). Once regeneration is complete the ZeoPlus bed must be rinsed with fresh water until the outlet water salt level or TDS is similar to the incoming water.
- 8. Turn the valve(s) to BACKWASH cycle. Run BACKWASH for 3 to 5 mins
- 9. Run RINSE cycle for 3 minutes then select BACKWASH again, followed by RINSE for another 3 minutes. If the filter does not have a RINSE cycle, run BACKWASH for an extra 20 minutes.
- 10. Turn valve(s) to FILTER cycle. You are now ready to operate the ZeoPlus filter as before.